The Bipolar Disorder Quiz is a starting point for figuring out your symptoms.
Any of these symptoms can be an indication of Bipolar Disorder, but there may be other causes. Take the Bipolar Disorder Quiz to get a clearer picture of your symptoms and behavior. This is a first step to understanding yourself.
Bipolar Disorder Quiz:
Please answer the following questions (Yes or No).
I. I have had at least one episode in my life of feeling unusually high energy, and during that period....
◦ It was not due to caffeine, energy-drinks, amphetamines, cocaine, ecstacy or any other drug.
◦ I went more than one night in a row, with 4 hours or less of sleep per night, and I still had high energy the next day and didn't feel tired at all.
◦ I felt unusually powerful, smart, sexy, creative, intuitive, psychic or important.
◦ I heard voices, saw things or people that others could not see, or felt paranoid/fearful or delusional (believing that you are being watched, followed, under surveillance by the police, FBI, CIA, etc, or having bizarre beliefs that later didn't seem to make much logical sense).
◦ I saw symbols everywhere, and saw meaningful connections constantly, seeing meaning in the songs that came on the radio, the coincidences that seemed to happen, the signs on the road and other apparently unrelated phenomena.
◦ I spent money impulsively, or spent money I didn't really have, on things I really didn't need.
◦ During that time I said or did something that I later regretted, or that got me into trouble.
II. I have a biological relative who has been treated for Bipolar Disorder (Manic-Depression), or Depression.
III. At least once in my life, I felt unusually depressed, sad, or tearful every day, all day, for at least one full week.
Learn to meditate and cultivate the peace and inner stillness that you've been missing.
Meditation is one of the single most valuable things you can do to cope with the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, stress, depression and anxiety. Even if you've never meditated before, this Guided Mindfulness Meditation makes it easy to enter a deep state of inner stillness.
"I went to your website and found your “guided meditation for depression”. The 15 minute one. I laid down... just exhausted from all the inner pain and the “trying” to make is stop... and "trying to fix it"... and I listened to your guided meditation for 15 minutes. The inner pain went away. I was kind of stunned! (I meditate daily)…so I felt as if some kind of “inner demon” was tormenting me or something, and it was simply gone and I could breathe and felt I came back to myself. I felt like my self for the first time in days. The pain wasn’t just “shouting at me” nor was it simply “lurking in the background”... lurking to come back...it was gone."
- Client Testimonial
"...In six months Ben has helped me completely change my way of being in the world. I've rediscovered what it means to enjoy my life. My days are once again relatively peaceful, and I no longer live in constant fear of lapsing into another violent episode of mania or depression. There is still work to do, but I now feel confident in my ability to stay on track..."
- Bipolar Coaching Client
I've helped many people to return to a functional, happy life, and a hopeful outlook on the future. Bipolar Disorder does not have to be a life sentence!
Call now to find out how
Bipolar Recovery Coaching can
help you get back on track.
Ben Schwarcz, MFT